Valentine’s Day falls on a weekend, allowing you plenty of time to set up a romantic adventure with your loved one. Wine tasting, chocolates and fine food are a perfect way for a romantic event. Your local wineries are anxious to treat you to a lovely Valentine’s Day to share with your sweetheart.
- Kirigin Cellars in Gilroy is hosting a Valentine Wine Festival on Saturday February 13, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. They will have BBQ, live music, dancing and plenty of wine. The Groove Kings are there to keep the music flowing while Kirigin keeps the wine flowing. Your $20 entry fee includes all the festivities, 4 wine tasting tickets, and a logo glass. It is also a great opportunity to find a perfect Valentine’s Day gift for your honey, Vino de Mocca filled dark chocolates, champagne, or any special bottle of wine to go with a special date! For the ultimate gift, call ahead to discuss creating a custom level just for your sweetheart!
- Satori Cellars has their special Candlelight Valentine’s Dinner on Friday February 12, 7:30 – 10:30 p.m. They will be serving a wonderful five course dinner by candlelight in their cozy “Barrel room” listening to Jazz guitarist David Schnittman. Long stem roses await the lovely women. The price is $65 per person.
- Fortino Winery presents the Sweetheart Saturday on Saturday, February 13 noon to 5:00 p.m. at their winery on Hecker Pass Highway in Gilroy. Fortino will have a magnificent chocolate fountain, wine specials and much more. Then Saturday night, starting at 8:00 they host the Candle Light Comedy Night featuring Michael Slack. The opening acts include local stand-up comedian Karen Smyth, San Francisco comedian Adam McLaughlin, and Maggie Newcomb, winner of the Battle of the Bay. There will be a No Host Bar during the event. Remember that these great acts have adult content. Tickets are $25.
- Clos LaChance Winery in San Martin is hosting their Valentine’s Dinner with Le Papillion Restaurant on Sunday, February 14. Seating times are at 6 pm and 8:30 p.m. Le Papillion Restaurant will match each course of this fabulous dinner with Clos LaChance wines. Reservations are required and you need to contact le Papillion Restaurant directly. Prix Fixe dinner is $150 per person inclusive of wines, tax and gratuity.
- Guglielmo Winery in Morgan Hill invites you to their 6th Annual Valentine’s Day Dinner on Saturday, February 13 from 6:30 – 11 p.m. This is a romantic evening in the 1930’s style. Champagne and appetizer reception begins the evening followed by a 6-course dinner, dancing and prizes for the “Best 1930’s Dressed Couple”. Price per couple is $199 and reservations are required.
- Martin Ranch Winery is very excited about their second annual Valentine’s Day Weekend Bottle your Own at the Winery event. They supply the bottles, labels and all equipment needed to professionally bottle your own wine. What a great way to have some fun that weekend. The wine is a delicious Martin Ranch Cabernet blend. Pre-registration is required to reserve a specific time slot to guarantee your wine.
- Solis Winery is pairing a wonderful chocolate with their wines in a romantic setting overlooking the vineyard and mountains. The event is on both Saturday and Sunday, February 13-14, Noon to 4:30 p.m. The price is $10 per person.
- Sycamore Creek Vineyards is featuring live music, chocolates and tasty treats at their Valentine’s Weekend/Wine Social on both Saturday and Sunday, February 13-14 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
So your local wineries are their Valentine’s Day weekend to provide you with a romantic treat for you and your sweetheart.
And don't forget another local event, the Niles Canyon Railway Romance on the Rails Valentine's Day Wine Tasting Special. Wine, choclate and food with your loved one in a 1940's Art Deco Lounge Car.
For more information about Santa Clara Valley wineries