Angeles Wine Agency provides restaurants, wine bars and wine retailers with boutique wines from around the world. On April 12, from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the Silicon Valley Capital Club, the host a Boutique Wine Tasting, sharing a selection of these wines to wine lovers in Silicon Valley. This is a great opportunity to sample more than 100 wines from 15 boutique wineries and importers paired with special appetizers by Executive Chef Michael Miller, formerly of Trevese in Los Gatos.
The winemakers will be there to tell you more about these wines. In addition, from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. a Spanish Wine Seminar will be sponsored by Ole Imports. You will learn more about the popular Spanish regions of Rioja and Ribera del Duero, the premium wine regions of Spain. At the seminar you will taste a flight of fabulous red wines from these regions paired with tapas!
The California boutique wines that will be featured include:
- Anglim Winery – Paso Robles– a family owned winery in downtown Paso Robles producing vineyard-designate Rhone varietals
- Ceja Vineyards – Napa/Sonoma – founded as the American dream of a Latino immigrant family in Napa Valley, perfect wines to pair with foods (check out earlier article on Ceja)
- Chock Rock Vineyard – Monterey’s Santa Lucia Highlands – established by famous Monterey winemaker Dan Karlsen, they specialize in Pinot Noir
- Costa de Oro – Santa Barbara – developed by a long time Santa Maria farming family producing wines with old world style and new world premium grapes, specializing in Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
- DeRose Vineyards – San Benito County Cienega Valley – founded on land that has been growing wine grapes since 1851, they nurture 100 acres of dry-farmed land, producing premium grapes, fermented in native yeasts, aged in oak and bottled with minimal filtration
- Heart O’ the Mountain – Santa Cruz Mountains – founded on land originally owned by Alfred Hitchcock; this small family run winery produces a limited selection of hand-crafted Pinot Noir
- Moshin Vineyards – Sonoma County Russian River Valley – the dream of a San Jose State math instructor, this winery was founded in 1989 in the heart of one of the premium Pinot Noir regions of the world
- Palazzo – Napa Valley – a small boutique winery founded by a winemaker in love with the great Bordeaux blends of France. Producing Napa Valley red wine blends fashioned after the great chateau blends of Pomerol and St. Emilion of France, the Palazzo Red Wine has come a long ways in its short history.
Imported wines for this event include wines from France, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Chile and New Zealand.
Check out their website for more information and registration information.
Price for the wine tasting is $50, or for the wine tasting and Spanish Seminar $60. In addition, these wines will available at special prices for these tastings.
The Silicon Valley Capital Club is located at the Knight Ridder Building at 50 West San Fernando, 17th floor in downtown San Jose.
For more info: Angeles Wine Agency San Jose Boutique Wine Tasting