The sun has been shining all year, the grapes are now ripening and the winemakers are starting to harvest in Livermore Valley as they begin to prepare for the 2018 Vintage. On Sunday of Labor Day Weekend, September 2 from noon to 5 p.m., Livermore Valley wineries will be celebrating the exciting crush season and 37 years of the Harvest Wine Celebration. Each winemaker hosts activities including wine tasting, arts, crafts and music. Many will also have additional tastings on Monday as well. Wine lovers have come from all over the Bay Area and beyond for the past years to enjoy this unique event. Don’t miss this exciting celebration of winemaking and agriculture here in the heart of the Bay Area.
Tickets are $40 in advance and $45 on September 2 at participating wineries. Tickets include wine tastings, commemorative Livermore Valley Wine Country GoVino glass, wine discounts and activities.
Some of the special harvest activities include:
- Vineyard Tours at Murrieta's Well
- Cork demonstrations at Retzlaff Vineyard
- Guided tour of the vineyards at Page Mill winery discussing organics, and the transition to biodynamic farming!
- Aroma bar at Big White House Winery
- Bottle your own Cuvee at Eckert Estate Winery
- Barrel and food pairing at Wente Vineyards
- Discussions with the Winemaker at Wood Family Vineyards
For additional information:
- Tickets: https://www.lvwine.org/event-tickets/3786/37th-annual-harvest-wine-celebration
- Participating wineries and activities: https://www.lvwine.org/amass/documents/document/174/Activity%20Form_1.pdf